CHILD PROTECTION AND VULNERABLE ADULTS POLICY
Andover Photographic Club (APC) meets at The Landale Wilson Hall, Enham Alamein, Andover, SP11 6HQ. APC is fully committed to safeguarding the well-being of its members and visitors.
Members and visitors should, at all times, observe this Child Protection Policy; show respect for, and understanding of, their rights, safety and welfare; and conduct themselves in a way that reflects credit on the club.
Throughout this document it should be understood that “Child” also includes “Vulnerable Adult”.
There will be a named person(s) for safeguarding children who will be responsible for dealing with any concerns about the safeguarding of children. These people are currently Will Delves and Ellie Taylor.
APC welcomes anyone with an interest in photography, but stipulates:
- Any person under the age of 16, whether a member or a visitor, must be accompanied at all times by a parent or legal guardian when involved in club activities (including outside events under the control of the club). The parent or guardian does not need to be a club member. For anyone who is almost 16 and whose parents would not wish to attend a meeting special arrangements, incorporating written and signed permission, could be agreed between parents and an APC committee member.
- 16-18 year-olds must have parental or guardian permission to attend meetings and travel to and from meetings should be arranged by parents or guardians; parents/guardians must accept their responsibility to inform a member of the committee should their son/daughter`s post-meeting lift be delayed whereupon club members will ensure the safety of said son/daughter, on the premises if possible, during the delay.
- Vulnerable adults are welcomed into the club. It will be considered by the committee, on a case by case basis, if those who normally have the services of a carer should be accompanied by an approved carer at all times during club events. The needs of vulnerable adults will be assessed on a case by case basis by a named club official.
- We expect all club members to follow best practise when entering child photography into competitions. All images of children must be deemed appropriate and final submission of images is at the discretion of the Club secretary and/or DPI secretary.
- Any person aged 16-18 without parent/guardian consent or considered to be vulnerable is not permitted to be a model during club controlled events.
- When the club is involved in public events where children may be photographed, it is the responsibility of the individual to ensure that they comply with any national and local laws, by-laws or policies that prevail at that time and place.